Healthy Teeth and Gums for Life with Good Dental Hygiene
Good oral hygiene is vital to keep your teeth and gums beautiful and healthy. It is the cornerstone of optimal oral health. Our Hygienists provide tailored advice on at-home dental care during semi annual dental visits at our Sun City, Arizona office. Wildflower Dental offers comprehensive dental care services to prevent, detect, and treat oral problems to keep your dental health in tip-top condition.
Oral hygiene practices to keep your smile healthy
Ever heard the popular saying, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” This adage is particularly true in dentistry. Good oral hygiene prevents many oral problems, including decay, gum disease, and cavities, that may be costly and time-consuming to treat.
The good news is that keeping your smile healthy isn’t complicated. Observe the below tips, and you’ll be on your way to a healthy, confident smile.
- Brush twice daily: Brush your teeth after meals, especially after breakfast and dinner. Brushing eliminates food particles and harmful bacteria from your mouth. Use fluoride toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush to brush your teeth for at least two minutes while reaching all the surfaces of your teeth. Don’t be aggressive but gently move the brush back and forth in circular motions on your teeth. Although a traditional toothbrush works, consider an electric one for added efficiency
- Floss daily: Flossing eliminates dental plaque and food debris from areas your toothbrush can’t reach. We recommend flossing at least once daily, but you can do it twice to be thorough
- Consider an antibacterial mouthwash: An oral rinse contains ingredients that promote fresh breath and a pathogen-free mouth. We encourage using mouthwash after meals. However, an oral rinse isn’t a substitute for brushing and flossing your teeth — it complements your daily oral care
- Watch your diet: Limit the intake of sugary foods to prevent cavities. Keep your mouth hydrated to discourage the breeding of harmful bacteria. Consider calcium-rich foods for healthy teeth
- See your dentist twice yearly: Despite your near-perfect dental care, don’t forget your biannual dental appointments. Dental exams allow us to see oral problems that may have passed your notice at home. Professional cleanings remove built-in plaque and tartar, preventing dental issues such as cavities, gum disease, and bad breath
If you want to take control of your oral health, please call (623) 400-2117 to schedule an appointment with Wildflower Dental. We are located in Sun City, AZ, and welcome new and existing patients from Peoria, Surprise, and Glendale.