When you have a dental emergency, you need urgent care and attention. At Wildflower Dental, we strive to give our patients immediate emergency dental care. We are typically able to see our emergency patients the same day as their emergency.
There are few conditions that constitute as dental emergencies. The following are considered dental emergencies:
- Knocked-Out Tooth: If one of your permanent teeth is knocked out, don’t panic. Be careful not to touch the tooth root as you handle the tooth. Rinse the knocked-off tooth in water. Next, you must store the tooth in a safe place. The best place to put your tooth is back into its socket. Hold it gently in place with a wet washcloth or towel. If you cannot put it back into its socket, place it in a container of cold milk. Then, contact us right away! Make sure to bring your tooth with you to your emergency dentist appointment.
- Chipped Tooth: If you chip one of your adult teeth, collect the broken pieces. Store them in a safe place to bring with you later to the dentist office. We may be able to salvage the tooth. To lessen swelling, use a cold compress on your face. Call our office as soon as possible.
- Severe Tooth Pain: If you are suffering from an excruciating toothache, apply a cold compress to alleviate the pain. Call our office right away.
- Foreign Objects Embedded in Gums: If you can, try to floss the object out of your gums. If that doesn’t work, contact us as soon as possible.
- Broken Jaw: Gently hold your jaw into place. Go immediately to the hospital emergency room. A broken jaw requires immediate medical attention!
At Wildflower Dental, we will do our best to give you prompt service and immediate dental care. When you have a dental emergency, contact our office as soon as possible so we can quickly address the issue. Don’t hesitate to call!