Some people have severe anxiety when undergoing dental treatment. With sedation dentistry from Wildflower Dental in Sun City, it is possible for people coping with dental anxiety, and even phobia, to get the treatment they need.
Sedation dentistry is effective for people with any of the following issues:
- Strong gag reflex
- Fear of needles
- Sensitive teeth
- Fear and anxiety associated with dental treatment
- Difficulty getting numb
- A history of negative dental experiences
- Trouble controlling body movement due to Parkinson’s disease, Cerebral Palsy or related condition
- Need extensive dental treatment requiring lengthy dental visits
We offer several types of sedation:
- Nitrous oxide. Known popularly as laughing gas, nitrous oxide is used widely in dentistry, and has been for more than a century. It is safe, very effective, and puts you in a very relaxed states.
- Oral conscious sedation. This involves taking a sedative an hour or so before your scheduled procedure. You won’t sleep, but will be in a deeply relaxed state. You need a ride home afterward.
- IV Sedation. As the name suggests, this is administered intravenously. You do not sleep with this, either, but it is the strongest form we have. You will need a ride home after this, too.
Contact Wildflower Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):