There are basically two ways to handle a chipped tooth:
- Make a beeline for Wildflower Dental in Sun City, where emergency dentistry is one of our services.
At Wildflower Dental we can fix a chipped tooth in a jiffy by determining the right solution and expertly preforming the procedure. Decay, missing teeth, braces, even crowns can impact the course of treatment.
Here’s our quick summary of five common dental emergencies:
- A broken or chipped tooth. This certainly meets the standard of an emergency. Whether it’s the result of an injury, or because of brittle teeth, a broken or chipped tooth could lead to unwanted consequences if it is not treated promptly.
- Jaw injuries. If you’ve broken your jaw then a trip to the emergency room is probably in order. But a dentist should also be in the loop. He or she will evaluate your oral cavity and teeth to see whether they have also sustained damage.
- Severe toothache. The sooner treatment for a severe toothache begins, the better. A bad toothache could indicate tooth decay, and there could be infection that threatens the tooth. The sooner treatment begins, the better the chances of saving the tooth.
- Bleeding gums. This may indicate gum disease. As with a toothache, prompt treatment is best. When it is caught and treated in its earliest stages, gum disease is curable. If is also preventable with brushing and flossing twice a day.
- Knocked out tooth. If you have a tooth knocked out, get here ASAP. If you’re too far away, an emergency room will do. Time is of the essence. If it is treated within an hour or so there is an excellent chance the tooth can be saved.
All of these emergencies can be dealt with effectively if you seek immediate dental care
Contact Wildflower Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):